Expressions used in the classroom
Classroom Language: The end of the lesson
1. Time to stop
- It's almost time to stop.
- I'm afraid it's time to finish now.
- We'll have to stop here.
- There's the bell. It's time to stop.
- That's all for today.
- You can go now.
2. Not time to stop.
- The bell hasn't gone yet.
- There are still two minutes to go.
- We still have a couple of minutes left.
- The lesson doesn't finish till five past.
- Your watch must be fast.
- We seem to have finished early.
- We have an extra five minutes.
- Sit quietly until the bell goes.
3. Wait a minute
- Hang on a moment.
- Just hold on a moment.
- Stay where you are for a moment.
- Just a moment, please.
- One more thing before you goes.
- Back to your places.
4. Next time
- We'll do the rest of this chapter next time.
- We'll finish this exercise next lesson.
- We've run out of time, so we'll continue next lesson.
- We'll continue this chapter next Monday.
- This is your homework for tonight.
- Do exercise 10 on page 23 for your homework.
- Prepare the next chapter for Monday.
- There is no homework tonight.
- Remember your homework.
- Take a worksheet as you leave.
- Goodbye, everyone.
- See you again next Wednesday.
- See you tomorrow afternoon.
- See you in room 7 after the break.
- Have a good holiday.
- Enjoy your vacation...
7. Leaving the room
- Get into a queue.
- Form a queue and wait for the bell.
- Everybody outside!
- All of you get outside now!
- Hurry up and get out!
- Try not to make any noise as you leave.
- Be quiet as you leave. Other classes are still working.